Information for the accompanying person to the orthoptic
Please note that only one accompanying person may accompany the child to the appointment.
Adults may only be accompanied if they need help. In such cases the patient may be accompanied until the reception of the administration, from then on the clinic staff will accompany the patient.
Thank you for your understanding.
We are a small team of orthoptists, ophthalmologists, secretaries and a neurologist with enthusiasm for the following specialties
- Pediatric Ophthalmology (eye diseases in childhood)
- Strabismus (squint)
- Amblyopia therapy (treatment of weak-sightedness in childhood)
- Eye movement disorders
- Diseases of the eye socket (orbit)
- Afferent disorders (disease between the optic nerve and visual cortex)
- Efferent disorders (paralysis, eye muscle diseases, disorders of slow and fast eye movements)
- Disturbances of the pupil
The diagnostics and therapy of these special conditions are often interdisciplinary. We therefore have close cooperations with specialists from neurology, neuroradiology, neuropaediatrics, cranio-maxillofacial surgery, neurosurgery, radiooncology, endocrinology and human genetics, among others.